MG A 1600 Mk II
First Registration 1962, MG A 1600 Mk II
Swiss Road Registration with „Veteran“ entry
The design story of the MG began as early as 1951 at Le Mans, when a streamlined sports car with George Philipps was on the grid. At that time, the technical basis of the racing car was an MG TD chassis, the design came from MG designer Syd Enever.
Compared to its predecessors, the MG TD and TF, the MG A offered much more space, a larger boot, more power, but most of all a much improved handling and better performance.
By cleverly combining well-proven mechanical components with a modern body, MG was able to offer a relatively reliable sports car with many attractive features right from the start.
This MG A 1600 from the second series, built in 1962, is one of the last MG A’s before it was replaced by the MG B. With the engine increased to 1’622 cc and the longer rear axle ratio, relaxed driving at higher speeds was taken into account.
In a breathtakingly beautiful grey combined with a bordeaux-red interior, this MG A Roadster is an outstandingly elegant looking car. Around CHF 14,000 has been invested over the last few years and it is now ready for the next beautiful road trip.