Austin-Healey 100/4 BN1
First registration 07.1955
FIVA Identity Card
Swiss road registration with veteran entry
The Austin-Healey offered here is one of the last built 100/4 with the legendary 4-cylinder engine. It has been recently restored to its original condition and in every detail. New soft top including bag with new plug-in side windows and spray hood. In addition to the Heritage Trust Certificate from the British Motor Industry and the FIVA Identity Card, there is also a valuation from an independent valuer who inspected the car after the total restoration. This beautiful Austin-Healey 100/4 is veteran-inspected, very well maintained and is in immaculate, top-maintained and original collector condition.
The Austin-Healey 100 is an roadster built by BMC from 1953 to 1959. It was named for its top speed of 100 miles per hour (160 km/h).
The car had a 90 hp (67 kW) 4-cylinder engine with a displacement of 2.7 liters. The Austin four-speed gearbox used had such a short ratio that the first gear was unceremoniously shut down. This turned the transmission into a three-speed manual with standard overdrive for second and third gear. Triangular control arms and coil springs were used for the independent front suspension, while leaf springs and a Panhard bar were used on the rigid rear axle. The rear axle was routed above the frame. This resulted in low suspension travel and low ground clearance, but led to very good and low road holding. The car was braked on all four wheels by 11 inch Girling drum brakes. The car was fitted with spoked wheels with center locks as standard. The Austin-Healey 100 had a steel frame on which the body was welded. The main part of the body was made of aluminum, while the fenders and doors were made of sheet steel.
Errors, mistakes and prior sale reserved.
The PDF WIll download in a few seconds