Borgward Isabella TS de Luxe
First registration 05.1958
Swiss road registration with veteran entry
This beautiful Borgward Isabella TS de Luxe was first registered in Austria in May 1958 and imported to Switzerland in March 1963. The car had only three previous owners and was last owned for over 40 years. The Isabella TS is fully restored and stands there like new. It is very well documented, many original documents like type certificate from Vienna from 1958, Swiss customs clearance certificate from 1963, electrical wiring diagram, spare parts catalog etc. are available. The photo gallery of the restoration and a book of the Isabella chronicle complete this extensive documentation. Swiss road registration, will be freshly veteran checked.
The Borgward Isabella is a car of the middle class, which the Carl F. W. Borgward G.m.b.H. in Bremen-Sebaldsbrück built from 1954 to 1961. The car, which was offered exclusively as a two-door model or as a three-door station wagon, was the most successful model of the Borgward group. Starting from 10 June 1954 it was produced first under the name “Hansa 1500”.
The modern conception and the pleasing appearance of the Hansa 1500 (Isabella) were enthusiastically welcomed at the presentation in 1954. The car met the public’s taste and was a sales success from day one.
The four-cylinder in-line engine with triple-bearing crankshaft and parallel hanging valves has a side camshaft driven by a spur gear with gear made of fabric-reinforced phenolic resin (Novotex). The intake manifold is part of the cylinder head; the carburetor is flanged to the valve cover. The hydraulically operated clutch was new at the time. The four-speed transmission with steering wheel shift is fully synchronized.
Errors, mistakes and prior sale reserved.
The PDF WIll download in a few seconds